Would you like to learn how to prepare a business case?
In 24 informative pages, our Business Case Primer explains the basic process:
- Phase 1: Assess needs
- Phase 2: Define the business opportunity
- Phase 3: Plan the work effort
- Phase 4: Investigate alternatives
- Phase 5: Evaluate alternatives
- Phase 6: Define the project
- Phase 7: Prepare the report
- Phase 8: Review, revise & present the business case
Writing a business case is easy - after you analyze the business opportunity, thoroughly investigate the alternatives, and define the project!
The primer includes all the business case material on our Web site (except for the sample computer operating system business case) and much new information. The primer discusses the typical contents of a business case (tip 1 and tip 2) in detail. In addition to the return on investment (tip 3), the primer shows you how to compute net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and payback period.
If you have any comments about the Business Case Primer, please e-mail us.